Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Tributes To Sen. Sikiru Adebayo Osinowo ( Pepperito)




Members of the Upper Legislative Chamber paid glowing tributes to their colleague, Senator Sikiru Adebayo Osinowo from the Lagos East Senatorial District who died on Monday,

It was a memorable final farewell for the late Chairman of the Senate Committee on Industries his former colleagues.

Below are the tributes by the Senator as recorded by The Gazelle News.com:

Senate Minority Leader, Senator Enyinnnaya:
Bayo was a soft guy, very soft spoken. he was a complete grassroot politician and you can’t move him from there. We will continue to miss him. For the family we have only one thing to say to you, you will always be with Bayo and Bayo will be with you. Even as we mourn him today, we also celebrate his life.

Senator Orji Uzor Kalu:
I want to join my colleagues and the Senate President to commiserate with the family of Bayo and that his soul will rest in peace.

Senator Sabi Abdullahi:
Bayo was always repeating a verse of the Quran: “So which of the favors of your Lord would you deny?” What our colleague told us is we must exemplify our lives and be fair to everybody as we see them. For the family, take solace in the fact that he has left something. May Allah grant Distinguished Senator Bayo Aljannah firdaus.

Senator Phillip Aduda:
He was a jolly good fellow. He has come, he has seen and conquered. We pray to God almighty to grant his family, his children, his wife the fortitude to bear this loss.

Deputy Senate President Ovie Omo-Agege:
I rise to align myself with all sentiments about our colleague, Mr Bayo Osinowo. Senator Bayo Osinowo left his mark on the sands of time. Here was a man who indeed was a major pillar in the politics of Lagos State. My prayer is that the Almighty God should grant the family the fortitude to deal with this loss. May his soul rest in perfect peace.

Senator Solomon Olamilekan Adeola:
All that is said about my dear brother and egbon is the true position of things. Mr. President, my big brother, my friend Senator Bayo Osinowo is no more. Putting together the last 17 years of his life as a Parliamentarian has been very eventful. Today, we all celebrate Democracy Day but one of those that paid the price of this democracy we celebrate is Senator Bayo Osinowo. Seven years of his life was spent in incarceration. This is one man that doesn’t desert people.

Senator Ibikunle Amosun:
Senator Bayo Osinowo played all his politics in Lagos but was a proud son of Ogun State. One thing that he has demonstrated very philosophical is somebody that knows the ephemeral nature of this life. He wasn’t afraid of death. All we can do is to take lesson from his life that we should strive everyday to do more good than bad. To take everyday as Grace from Almighty God that as we are seated here, tomorrow anything can happen. I pray the Almighty Allah will grant him Aljannah firdaus and be with his family and his extended family. Good bye our brother, good bye our friend.

Senator Tolu Odebiyi:
I speak this morning to pay tribute to my political mentor. When you listen to him during the Budget Defense, you could see the depth of his knowledge. He took me as a mentee, and also as a de facto Vice Chairman for him at the Committee. Mr. President, I’ve lost a big brother and friend. I pray his soul rest in peace.

Senator Danjuma Goje:
I stand to join my colleagues in mourning the death of one of us. I want to join his family, the people of Lagos State and particularly our colleagues in mourning one of us. He lived a good and religious life.

Senator Sam Egwu:
I want to join my colleagues in conveying my condolences to the family of our great brother, Senator Bayo Osinowo. I want to condole wit…

By Ademola Akanni, Abuja

No comments:

Post a Comment

SOMOLU WORLD CLEAN UP DAY